UMAR WSR is initiating a mascot design competition for Life Jacket Foundation.
The Life Jacket mascot will unify and embody our foundation spirit and unite all organizations working with children, under one image.
The mascot will also define UMAR WSR brand and help to identify the institution for both internal and external communities. The mascot will be displayed in UMAR WSR publications, advertisements, the website, clothing, facilities, and more. The mascot’s design will reflect the company’s mission, history, and culture. In addition the design will incorporate the company’s colors of blue, grey and white.
1. All design entries must be submitted electronically by e-mail to Jenny.firstname.lastname@example.org with subject MASCOT DESIGN COMPETITION. Artists will receive a confirmation e-mail. For questions please contact the Office of UMAR WSR LIMASSOL OFFICE.
2. All entries must be received by 18 of February 2016.
3. All submissions should include the following information in the e-mail:
4. All mascot designs must add here to the following requirements:
5. By submitting artwork to this design contest, the artist warrants and represents that the artwork is original, that the artist holds exclusive and perpetual rights to all intellectual property rights in the work and has the right to grant all intellectual property rights in the work for UMAR WSR for the Life Jacket foundation, the artist represents and warrants that the design is an original work that is not similar to any existing design.
1. The mascot design challenge begins January 18th, 2016, and runs through February 18th, 2016. All design entries submitted after midnight, February 18th 2016, will be disqualified. All design entries that do not follow the mascot design guidelines and/or are incomplete will be disqualified. Artists may not post their designs on public websites or use in their portfolios until an official winner is selected and announced. After the announcement, all artists should label their artwork as a contest entry or sample.
2. Artists who do not meet these requirements will be disqualified. The winning design shall become the exclusive and perpetual property of UMAR WSR for Life Jacket Foundation by submitting the design entry, the artist agrees to this assignment of all rights to of UMAR WSR for Life Jacket Foundation in the event that the artist’s submission is determined to be the winner. Furthermore UMAR WSR for Life Jacket Foundation reserves the right to alter and to create derivative works from the design entry.
All submissions will undergo a blind review—without name or position—by UMAR WSR Office of Marketing department.
Submissions will be judged on creativity and artistic quality, as well as how well they represent the Life Jacket foundation spirit.
The proposed mascot should have the following guidelines:
Life Jacket Foundation may replace the first-selected design with an alternate design if it determines that the alternate design is, in LJ discretion, more appropriate.
The decision of the judges is final. The winning design becomes the property of UMAR WSR Life Jacket foundation
The winning design will be announced through Social media beginning of March..
The artist with the winning design will be initially credited for their work on the Life Jacket Foundation website, as well as various communications channels used by UMAR WSR such as Facebook. Also will be awarded with the amount of 300 euro.
Upon notification of the winning design, the selected artist will be invited to work collaboratively with the Office of Marketing Department to refine the design and prepare it for use in publications, the website, and other communications channels.
The winning design, as it may be altered, also becomes the exclusive and perpetual property of UMAR WSR LIFE JACKET FOUNDATION.
Thank you in advance for your participation and your interest,